As our agency’s Account Director, we expect this individual to initiate, implement, and inspire a big picture vision around the brands that drive our clients’ businesses. This requires the Account Director to make difficult decisions along with and on behalf of our clients, with confidence and integrity. Managing complex campaign deliverables and executing a wide variety of advertising goals/objectives, and ensuring our clients receive top tier service is key to the success of this role. Listening, nurturing relationships, and resolving problems with the right balance of verbal and written communication are vital to providing excellent customer service in this position.
The Account Director’s daily responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work with top tier clients on a daily basis to identify needs and expectations on campaign initiatives.
- Brief creative and production teams on project initiatives.
- Oversee the efforts of the Account Team and provide guidance on all projects.
- Foster a team environment across agency departments through collaboration and by proactively communicating and creating the conditions for innovation.
- Identify key stakeholders and disseminate information as necessary.
- Develop strategies with internal stakeholders and leadership to execute client and brand objectives.
- Develop tactics that further the strategy and create an action-oriented plan and/or working documents to express the strategic and tactical ideas.
- Produce and present/communicate client-facing proposals and memoranda.
- Participate in RFPs and lead new business pitches.
- Clearly communicate progress and outcome of projects to clients and determine best next steps.
- Facilitate weekly and monthly internal and client reviews/meetings, update status documents, legal routing, and contact reports.
- Own the client relationships by building rapport and creating opportunities to meet in-person with clients and developing contact points with senior level personnel.
- Leverage client satisfaction into future engagement opportunities.
- Show solid knowledge of the client’s business (including pricing, product, sales, marketing channels, strategies, and competitive landscape).
- Able to lead client discussions regarding marketing insights and recommendations.
- Proactively improve and create processes by capitalizing on opportunities to automate and improve department/agency efficiencies.
- Manage and facilitate new relationships with ongoing partners/vendors.
- 5-10 years of experience in a client services function within a marketing, advertising or business related field.
- Ability to inspire a shared vision and communicate clear direction to internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to draw strategic insights from data/analytics and translate learnings into a distinct plan of action.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to assess a situation and make sound judgement calls/recommendations.
- Exhibit strong attention to detail and time management skills to deliver high quality work for multiple projects while meeting deadlines.
- Innovative and able to develop new strategic solutions to business challenges.
- Ability to form and foster positive relationships with clients, external partners, and internal team with various personalities.
- Works well under pressure with a positive, can-do outlook.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize information and provide thought leadership and strategies in the form of recommendations and new initiatives.
- Demonstrated flexibility in job responsibilities.
- Must have a demonstrated understanding of digital marketing including website design and development, paid media, social media, email marketing, and search
- Working knowledge of traditional marketing preferred but not required
- Proficient with Pages, Keynote, Google Docs, and Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision and 401(k)
- Unlimited time off policy and paid holidays
- Becoming an integral part of a cutting edge marketing agency and helping it grow
- Working with a talented, passionate, collaborative group
- Casual atmosphere with professional standards
- Creative, modern, and spacious work environment
- We’re in the dead center of Orange County, and minutes from Irvine Spectrum
- Company BBQs, foosball, ping-pong, and bowling tournaments (Yes, we have a bowling alley)