Full Stack PHP Web Developer
If you are a Full Stack PHP Web Developer with a passion for writing great code, read on! We're looking for someone who loves to geek out and are on top of the latest development practices and standards. You should be able to hand-code in technologies like PHP, MySQL, HTML(5), CSS(3), jQuery. You have extensive knowledge and are not afraid to work with various APIs (REST, SOAP, etc.). We build most of our sites in WordPress and Magento; you should at least be familiar with how to build custom sites on top of these platforms but intricate knowledge of these is not specifically required. You're a problem solver with hours of debugging experience, someone who can take a look at code and find inefficiencies and be able to come up with solutions. The ideal candidate would have experience with database architecture and optimization, building scalable web apps from the ground up, and working in an Agile development environment with other developers and at times pair-coding. Attitude is paramount. Are you an optimistic go-getter? We're looking for a self-motivated individual who doesn't need their hand held. You will need to be able to take a list of tasks and schedule your time appropriately while being proactive in adding value to the company if you finish tasks early. You will be working alongside a team of talented designers and developers. If you have the personal motivation to learn and grow, we have the perfect environment for you.
It is essential that you are a highly motivated, self-starter and able to test in all browsers, write up-to-date code, and make sure all the functionality is in place and working properly. We expect you to think creatively and "out of the box" to produce new ideas while strategizing with team members to make the best product. You should be able to create cross-browser compatible sites and take a site from design all the way to launch. It is important that you are able to manage your time effectively and efficiently in this role.
Technologies You Should Be Proficient In:
- PHP and MVC structure
- MySQL or other SQL databases
- Comfortable with Linux & Apache (not afraid of the command line)
- HTML(5) / CSS(3)
- CSS Preprocessors like SASS or LESS
- Version control systems like GIT
- Laravel, nginx or AngularJS is a plus
- MEAN Stack knowledge is a plus
ALL Candidates Must Possess Or Have Experience With The Following:
- Multi-tasking on a daily basis.
- Taking ownership of and completing tasks without a lot of guidance.
- Willingness to learn and adjust to complex situations on the fly.
- Proven track record for producing highly usable and innovative sites.
- Bachelor's degree preferred with minimum 3 years experience in development/programming, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with large-scale, engaging or dynamic websites.
- Intermediate knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Excellent understanding of User Experience and Usability Behaviors.
- Manage multiple assigned project tasks in a strict deadline-driven environment.
- Active in educating oneself on web and development trends.
- Possess high level of interest and passion for web development.
- Exceptional communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills - both verbal and written.
- Must be able to come into work early and/or stay late IF needed - we don’t make a habit of it.
- Must be able to maintain a positive disposition in a fast-paced environment and during demanding times.
- Independent thinker and task master.
- Willing to challenge traditional thinking and take risks.
- Innovative, creative, resourceful and accountable with an insistence on honesty, transparency and integrity in work ethic.
- Must be driven, understand business goals, and have the entrepreneurial spirit.
- Secure working environment
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance and 401k
- Unlimited time off policy and paid holidays
- Becoming an integral part of a cutting edge marketing agency and helping it grow
- Working with a talented and dedicated group
- Casual atmosphere with professional standards
- Creative, modern, and spacious work environment
- We’re in the dead center of Orange County, and minutes from Irvine Spectrum
- Company BBQs, foosball, ping-pong, and bowling tournaments (Yes, we have a bowling alley)